We are pleased to announce a new release of the OpenECU Functional Safety Developer Software. OpenECU FuSa was developed according to ISO 26262 for use on the M560 and M580 targets. For detailed information on functional safety, request the M560 Family Functional Safety Manual.
Users of M560 and M580 ECUs are encouraged to upgrade to this version as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and fixes therein. Release 3.3.0 includes many new features, fixes and improvements, some of which are briefly described below.
Please note that existing customers will need to contact support for an updated license. If you do not have an existing support contract, please contact Dana Novi Technology Center for a quote.
New Support & Features
New features introduced by this version, or significant changes to existing features.
Third party tool support
OpenECU builds on, and utilizes, various tools from third parties, including C compilers, calibration tools and operating systems. See the third party tool requirements section for a complete list of required and options software, and the versions supported.
- Added support for MATLAB R2023a
- Added support for Simulink ASAP2 generator (R2021b and greater)
External communication mechanisms and protocol support for both reprogramming and application mode, including CCP, SAE-J1939 and ISO-15765 over CAN.
- Added CAN gateway feature to forward messages between CAN buses
- Added ability to change time delay between J1939 BAM packets.
Each target ECU is designed with a different set of input and output conditioning circuitry.
- Increased ADC sample time, which can improve accuracy of analog input measurements under some conditions.
Fixes and Improvements
- Removed null termination character from Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) supportedAppProtocol message strings.
- Fixed false positive errors reported by QCA driver (used for V2G communications)