- The OpenECU BMU is a rapid control prototyping embedded controller for Battery Management System (BMS).
- Provides control of the battery pack contactors and monitoring of the pack voltages and current
- Supports isoSPI cell monitoring unit (CMU) slaves selected by customer to provide a complete battery management solution
- Supports customers to develop BMS application using OpenECU Simulink or C API
- Hardware comprises of low voltage section and high voltage section.
- A dual microcontroller architecture providing redundancy with a main controller for control and secondary microcontroller for safety monitoring of the operations
- Designed to measure voltages in excess of 50V up to 1000V
- Includes the LTC2949 High Voltage Pack Monitor providing 8 channels capable of measuring 1000V
- Two current shunt inputs to calculate charge, energy and power flow into and out of the pack
- OpenECU, Dana’s base software (BSW) provides developers with Simulink® or C API for application development
- High-quality rugged hardware design for Battery Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Supports common calibration tools such as ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, and Vector CANape via CCP as well as Dana calibration tool OpenECU Calibrator
Dana’s BMU Master Controller is a rapid control prototyping embedded controller for Battery Management Systems. BMU Master Controller adopts isoSPI for communication with cell monitoring slaves. BMU Master Controller combines low voltage and high voltage in a single ECU providing cost optimized solution for our customers.